Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods after child birth. Changed birth control pills. Which specialist should I see?

I had a child 9 months ago. While breastfeeding , I had no periods, when I stopped I got a very heavy period that lasted 7 days, around the 5th day I was bleeding through a tampon every hour or earlier. My gyno advised, I should go to ER, it then stopped. They switched my birth control from mini pill to microgestin. Since being on microgestin for 3 months, I ve been having a period for 7 days, followed with inbetween bleeding that last from 5 days to now 8 days. Not just spotting, more like a light period. Which doctor do I see for this situation? Do you have any idea, what might be wrong?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

From your query, it is understood that changing pills might take time for your body to adjust. Your periods should normalize in a cycle or two. Please have a discussion on microgestin with your gynecologist. You may monitor your intake of pills regularly. You must also rule out any underlying medical condition causing decreased flow during periods.

Hope it helps.
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor