Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods. Pregnancy test negative. Blood test shows am anemic. Cure?

i last had intercourse on the 20th october 2012 my november period was just like a dark distarge lasting a few days my december period was a bleed for a few days since then i have not had a period i have had a pregnancy test done at doctors it came back negative i have had blood taken i am anemic and my colesterol is 5.5 but i still havent had a period i am 45 next week are the doctors tests accurate
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You should consult a gynaecologist for urine, blood test and ultrasonography to rule out pregnancy.
You are 45 yrs. of age so irregular periods may be because of premenopausal stage or because you are anaemic, so do not worry take treatment for low haemoglobin or rule out the cause for irregular periods.
Good luck.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor