Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods. Lab tests- normal. Was prescribed folvite. Suggest me how to get normal?

hello docter. Age 30,weight 64 kg ,irregular period 4-6-9 months ,i want regular period and preganancy ,taking glyciphage 500 SR 2 tab a day for for more than 2 months ,all the test are normal including semen ,pelvic usg normal,no syst,,no pcod seen ,prolactin serum=19.80,.tsh=2.340,fsh & lh=5.04,blood group B-,.Dr had prescribed Folvite ,glyciphage 500 SR and Ovanac plus. what can we do? please suggest me ?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The irregular periods can be due to PCOD. This can be diagnosed after an ultrasound scan. Folvite is given to prevent any neural tube defects in the baby in case you conceive.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Mon, 17 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor