Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods. Have PCOS. Taking Clofert 50. Can I conceive naturally?

Hi m suffering from pco m periods have been irregularly irregular since start my gny asked me to tak asmita for 6 min now we want to have a child he has prescribe me clofert 50 and blong f tab to be taken on 3 day of period for 5 days pls let me know cant i conceive naturally n r ther any chances of conceiving twins .doc pls help i m depressed with my pcod problem
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
At the outset, please do not get disappointed. PCOD is the commonest cause of infertility and hormonal imbalance observed in the reproductive age group and it responds very well to management. Before initiating any treatment, you should get completely investigated; a hormonal profile, glucose tolerance test, tubal patency test, ovarian reserve, serum DHEAS levels, serum prolactin levels and thyroid profile are needed. Your partner also needs to be assessed. You may need priming with dexamethasone or Metformin before induction. If you are overweight, please maintain a proper diet and exercise and regulate your body weight within the normal BMI (19-25). Natural conception is possible; twin pregnancy may sometimes occur with hyper-stimulation of the ovaries and this is why regular monitoring is done during induction. Wish you good luck.
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor