Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have irregular period, trying for a baby. Taking Norculet. How to regularize period?

Hi, my name is sadia jahan ayon from Bangladesh. I am 25 years old, 80 kg, married 2 n half years, no baby. I m going to explain my case from last 1 year to present so that you may understand. In 26 August, 2011 I was on my regular period. As because of my husband came from abroad that time n having physical relation, I got stuck with my period after that regular period for next 3 months. That time my weight was 70 kg & it was started to increase like 75 kg. Then on November, 2011 I meet a doctor who gave me almost 8 tests ( diabetes , blood sugar , blood red cell percentage, blood white cell percentage, urine test, ultrasonograph etc.). All the reports got normal. She suggests me to have a tablet named Norculet-5mg to making regular period. She also said that, when my period will be regular then I should try to have baby. According to her prescription, I was having that tablet from December 2011 to February 2012; period was coming back on track and from March, 2012 to May, 2012 my period was on track. On June, 2012 I had tried to conceive and for this there was no period on July, 2012. But on August 3, 2012 there was period. That period continued above 5 days and that’s why on 16th day of period, I started to have a tablet named Primolut N . After having 1 tablet, that day my period stopped but I was continuing to have that tablet to complete the course. On 20th day again my period started again normally. After that time, up to November, 2012 my period was regular. Then again I tried to conceive on November, 2012 and the same problem started again, i.e. on December, 2012 there was no period. Then on January 13, 2013 my period started again and still now it’s continuing. Now, what should to have a baby and how to regularize my period? Can you please give me any hints or any solution or any reference of a good doctor? You can email me: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Hi Sadia.

You need to stop the uncontrolled bleeding first by using Tab Pause. Please meet your doctor for appropriate doses and frequency.
After that you take a course of oral contraceptive pills with estrogen and progesterone combination. You again need a good OB doctor's help for the prescription. Once you take that for say 3 to 6 months, your cycles will safely return to normal intervals and flow. But please make sure you lose some weight and keep youself fit. You can try conception after that. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor