Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have irregular period, taking medicine to conceive. Can any online doctor help me to read my follicular study report?

Hello doctor, my periods were irregular for which i was taking medicine for past 4 months and now i have started with new medication for getting pregnant. My doctor has suggested me follicular study and on 10 day of my period the readings of Left, right and endo were respectively: 15mm, 8mm, 7mm and on 11th day my readings were 17mm, 8mm, 7.5mm. so can you please suggest me the status of my condition and which other steps do i need to take so that i can concive as soon as possible
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for query madam,
The follicle needs to reach a size of 18-24mms in order for ovulation to occur. Anything less than that will not lead to ovulation. Without ovulation, pregnancy cannot occur. So, based on the CD#11 ultrasound, your right follicle has not reached an appropriate size and may indicate that it is not growing, which in turn, indicates that the medication you used is not working. My recommendation would be to repeat the ultrasound at CD#14 and CD#16. If there is not ovulatory sized follicle at those points, then the cycle should be cancelled due to lack of response, you should be given provera for 10 days to induce a period, then start a new cycle using Clomid at 150 mg per day.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor