Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have injured internal derangement in knee. Knee braces and physiotherapy advised. Do I need to go for MRI?

hi sir, because of an accident i am injured , and i am undergoing treatment under an or-tho specialist ,he told me that i had been injured internal derangement in knee ,He first suggest knee brace to walk and told me to take rest it will be ok , after that he told me to take MRI scan which is cost on Rs 2500/- and some physiotherapy treatment but i cant trust him because he s speaking contradict.... pls advise me imy tretment is going in right way...
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

With an injury to the knee joint, it is difficult to assess any ligament damage without MRI scan. If you are young and have had derangement of knee, it's bet to get MRI scan of knee to know the problem. Then it will be good to take necessary treatment. Should you have any doubts if suggested knee surgery, you can always take second opinion.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 27 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor