Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have inflamation, a lump swelled, feel pain inside right ear, throat. What may have caused it?

Hi there i have inflamation, a lump rather that is very swelled now after a few days that starts near bottom of my right ear and down to my jaw and neck. i feel pain now inside my right ear as well as throat, i was really wondering and hoping you could help me identify what it is, what may have caused it and how to make it better. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From the short history given by you, i can think of only PAROTITIS - Inflammation of the Parotid Salivary Gland. The cause can be either VIRAL (Mumps) or INFECTION.. If there are caries teeth on the same side it is advisable to have it removed after a course of Chemotherapy.
My advice is CIFRON 500 twice daily for 3 or 4 days with NSAID like BRUFEN or ICVLOFENAC SODIUM as per the severity o pain.
If your complaint is due to infection you must be OK in a feww days. If it is due to Virus , the same treatment holds good, but the it will take more time. Chemotherapy or antibiotics, has no effect on viruses but are useful to prevent complications.
Please learn that the Testes will also get inflamed (Orchitis) in viral parotitis (Mumps)
All the Best........................Dr. SK.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor