Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have infection on breast. Reports shows FNA breast lump. Suspected as breast cancer. Should go for operation?

my mother in law has a small infection on the brest which cause her to get a medical report as instructed by a surgeon . the medical report says FNA left breast lump: Suspicious smears C4. the doctor suspect this may be for breast cancer but he wanted to under go for a operation before confirm. please tel me wheather to go ahead or not
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist 's  Response
If FNAC is suspicious of cancer, you need to go for biopsy. Biopsy are of two types. if the mass is large, you can go for trucut biopsy where a needle is passed into the lump and tissue is removed, almost similar to FNA but needle bore is wide. If the lump is small, best would be excision biopsy where the entire lump is removed and sent for biopsy. Biopsy is mandatory for final diagnosis
Answered: Wed, 25 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor