Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have indentations in front of skull. Had headaches. Should I see a doctor?

I have just discovered several indentations in the front of my skull , grooves really, about 1/4 -1/2 wide and an inch or so long. Weren t there previously. I have a bit of headaches in the area recently. I am a very active woman (I am a personal trainer), 57 years old, a bit run down at the moment physically, but otherwise very healthy. Should I contact my doctor?
Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

Please contact your doctor and get examined. This will unfold if you have anything serious. His examination data will guide us the requirement of a scan of the brain too. In view of your age, you should also check your blood- erythrocyte sedimentation rate. This is elevated in patients with temporal arteritis with headache. What I mean is that serious causes of headache need exclusion before we assume and treat empirically.

Hope this helps

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor