Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have indentations around leg below knee, like knee socks leave. What is it?

My dad has like indentations that go around his leg right below his knees. This is appearing on both legs, they don t hurt or anything it just looks like if you have been wearing knee socks for a while and it shows an impression at the top of the sock. But he doesn t wear knee socks. I don t know what this is or what it means. please help??!
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  309
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
He might be suffering from varicose veins.
these appear in the form of indentations and cord like appearance around the knee and ankle.
They are dialated veins.
he might require surgical treatment
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor