Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have increased heart beat and sweating during meetings and seminars. Treatment?

Hi, I m shaik - 28 yrs old, working for a IT co., from past 2 year i m facing with somekind of anxeity and nervousness problem, Symptoms: suddenly i will get full swet ( eventhough i m in AC) my heart beat - increases more faster - i can t speak in this situation. mostly this occurs - whenever some one questions me, in meetings, in seminars - when ever i m talking with new peoples., ( but some times I can handle without any of these issues). Please suggest me how can I overcome with this.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptoms that you describe are classical of social anxiety disorder. The treatment options for social anxiety disorder include.....
1. Anti-anxiety agents like SSRI's
2. Short term anti-anxiety agents like benzodiazepines
3. Psychotherapy techniques like exposure and response prevention
This is a common enough anxiety disorder for which effective interventions are available. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The problem you are having sweating, palpitations weakness etc is anxiety. This is happening in public meeting, in meeting with new people, in presenting seminars, in replying to questions etc. This is nothing but Social Anxiety Disorder. It is a common disorder and treatment is needed by a trained Psychiatrist.

Medicines like Beta Blockers as Propranolol are very effective in this disorder. Other medicines like SSRI as Fluoxetine, Paroxetine etc or SNRI as Venlafexine etc are also used.

so visit a good Psychiatrist for opinion.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that you have some sort of anxiety disorder called panic disorder. No need to panic at this stage. You should visit a psychiatrist you can evaluate you once in detail with a proper mental state examination. then he/she may start you with some cognitive behavioral therapy sessions and also start you on some anti-anxiety drugs. Propranolol and clonazepam are good drugs to reduce the anxiety symptoms. You may be also started on paroxetine, venlafaxine, fluoxetine and so on. No need to worry as it is very common and is treatable.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
welcome to HCM.
Thanks for the query.
I would suggest you firstly to avoid stress and over work load.Because it sometimes happens due to psyco somatic disorder ,that means mind is so very hyper state that it starts effecting physical well being,
Secondly i would suggest you to go for complete blood test,blood pressure measuremnet and lipid profile to find any underlying abnormality .
Hoping Good luck for your health.
Fell free for further queries.
Many Thanks,
Dr Shilpi Gupta
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor