Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have hypertension. Pain in the lower chest getting worse at night. Smoking addiction. What is your suggestion?

Hi Dr.,, I have a question . My father is 66 years old, , he smoke cigarettes and has high blood pressure . He had a pain in his lower chest , and has been for a while, getting worst in the night. He saw a doctor who made some exames on his heart and his llang and the results was negative. what do you suggest him to do
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The pain may be of many things
1. Cardiac pain
2. Pleuritic pain
3. Musculoskeletal chest pain

You should have proper examination for all that
That includes for cardiac workup an EKG and Echo to rule out cardiac cause
Chest xray to have any defect in the lungs causing chest pain
For musculoskeletal pain have clinical exam for the chest that includes pain decreased or increased by pressing on the chest.

Have all the tests done to rule out that major causes of pain.

I hope I am sucessful in solving your query If you have more you can ask me.
Take care
Dr. Azhar Sattar
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor