Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have hyper-mobility syndrome. Referred to rheumatologist. Will I be okay?

Hello, I think that i have hypermobility syndrome and have been referred to a rheumatologist. There are several different hospitals I could go to and I am trying to find out which hospital has a consultant who is interested in this syndrome as I have heard that it is very hard to get anyone to take it seriously. I live between Salisbury, Poole and Christchurch. If you can advise me as to where I may find someone who is likely to be interested in helping I would be very pleased. Thankyou.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it is a neurological rather than an rheumatological problem, to be closure to the problem, it is related to the psychological problem as well, but the neurologist will take care of the both.
So if possible consult a doctor who is a neurologist and orthopedic surgeon, if not possible you can consult a neurologist.
Self help is also plays an important role in controlling the hyper mobility so practice yoga, meditation etc. Thank you.
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor