Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have hot spots on top of feet. Remedy?

I ve noticed the past few days that i ve been experiencing hot spots on the tops of my feet . They aren t painful, but it feels like my skin in being held next to a hot light bulb or something like that. I am concerned, because i m only 19 years old. They come and go randomly, and I haven t figured out anything that will make them go away. Can you please tell me what these are?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

The symptoms you are experiencing fit in with a sort of neuropathy (nerve involvement). It would be ideal if you visit a physician or neurologist and get a thorough neurological examination done.

Any history of stress/ fatigue?
Any history of excessive alcohol consumption?
Do you eat healthy?
Are you wearing ill fitting shoes?

It would be a good idea to check your TSH, blood sugars, hemoglobin levels, Vitamin B12 levels ,as abnormalities in the above values could present with the symptoms you are experiencing currently.

Eat healthy, whole grain food , eggs, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.

In a few percentage of cases with neuropathy, after all tests, no cause is found. If that is the case, be reassured and ignore the hot spots :) Vit B complex supplementation along with good eating habits might help.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response
Hye! It seems that you may be having vascultis, a chronic and relapsing disease . You may feel hotness and burning pain at the lesions. You should consult dermatologist immediately for the diagnosis and proper treatment.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor