Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Have hot and itchy outer ear with painful pimples. Any cure?

Hi, I have an itch and a hot sensation that comes and goes on the outside of my ears (not the canal). The ear lobes and the back of my ear especially on the edge where the back and froth of the ear collide, the side essentially. These same surfaces of my ear have a rougher skin than usual and feel like they have small pimples on them. There is no pus or infectious matter, folding the ear however is sometimes painful.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  345
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

1. The ideal way to diagnose this is to get your ear examined by an ENT Specialist and a Skin Specialist. Do you wear any ear-ring?

2. If the ear canal and eardrum is normal, a local antibiotic, anti-fungal and steroid combination cream should work well. You may request an anti-inflammatory an ana anti-allergic medication to decrease the itch and hot sensation / occasional pain.

3. Check if the rash looks like clear vesicles. In such as case Herpes Zoster infection must be ruled out as it requires aggressive treatment.

4. Hence I would urge you to seek immediate medical attention.


Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor