Have high cholesterol, workout every day. Is Health gain system is waste of time and money?

I am 43, recently divorced after a nightmare 10 year marriage. I am 5 8 tall, 245-250 pounds. I don t want to rule the world just look good in my uniforms and regular clothes. Not interested in catching the eye of any women right now... Totally OFF LIMITS for now. I do want to lose weight, gain lean muscle mass and have more energy, stamina and strength. I don t have high BP , or sugar diabetes issues. Cholesterol is a little high. I always feel better after my work outs. I start with 20 to 30 minutes on a treadmill and 45 minutes on weight lifting circuits. No free weights due to injuries in the military . I have friends that have begun an HGH treatment program with the HealthGains system. So is HGH for real or just a waste of money and time?
Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

HGH (Human Growth Hormone) or its analogues or precursors have been claimed to have muscle building properties and have been tried by many young men. In addition to the issue whether it will give results, it is also important to consider the issue whether it will cause side effects. Anabolic steroids and hormones have been associated with various unpredictable side effects.

In your case, let me remind you that your BMI (Body Mass Index) works out to around 38, which is in the dangerously obese range. Secondly, considering your age, and a risk factor of high cholesterol, I would advise you from refraining from using any such hormonal or other such muscle-building agents, as they can have adverse effects. Please stick on to a regualar exercise schedule, and a healthy diet. I would also recommend that you attempt to lose weight since obesity can put you at risk for several medical problems in the future.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar