Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have high blood sugar. Had bypass surgery done. On food control. Suggestions?

I had a by bass surgery in1995 at Delhi it was a 3 attery by pass . and I do not face any problem till now related to heart . That time I was with bp 140/80 trigleceride above 350 chlorostal 250 medicine was given . At that time I was asked to control my food .I am doing it till now . At 2002 blood sugar attacked me and medicine was given. Recently it has increased suddenly increased to 218 (pp) medicine Istamet 50/1000 mg (sun product) and Volbose (0.2mg) is given. along with other medicines I am regularly doing joga asan and taking low carbohydrate food I am now 73 years and living near kolkata Now my trigliceride chlorostol and other lipid profile is normal only bs is 180 pp . Can you suggest further ? my email address is YYYY@YYYY sasanka bandyopadhyay
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms and disease status, this can be concluded that your lipid profile and heart status is in controlled range.
Your blood sugar is on higher side.
Diabetes is also associated with multiple complications with involvement of almost all organs of body.
Diabetes may also predisposes to heart problems and deranges lipid profile so your blood sugar must be in controlled range.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for proper treatment.
You should continue the mentioned medicines and for control of postprandial blood sugar, you may take glimipride additionally.
Continue dietary precautions.
Take care,
dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are Diabetic,Coronary artery disease(Post CABG) and Dyslipidemia,the procedure was done 17 year back.I
f you do not have angina and diabetes and Lipids are well controlled, please follow healthy life style and take your medicines regularly not only anti diabetic drugs but other drugs which are advised like Aspirin, Clopidogrel,Beta Blocker, ACE inhibitor,Statins and cardiac nutrients and if necessary vitamin D3.You must understand that few medicines are for lifelong to be continued.
Please check with local Physician to assess your condition with investigations like FBS,PPBS,HbA1c, Lipid Profile,ECG, and 2 D Echocardiography and advise prescription accordingly.
Please take diabetic and low fat diet and do go for walking exercise daily if possible.
Take care
Good Luck.

Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
It is good that you are taking care of your diet.
Keep doing regular exercises.
Must do some aerobic exercise like walking
Keep your blood pressure around 120/80 mmof Hg.
At your age even if your fasting blood sugar is around 110 to 120 and post prandial sugar is around 180 ,it is considered good.
A more vigorous control of blood sugar may cause repeated attacks of hypoglycemia.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor