Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have high BP and diabetics. Diagnosed with CIDP disease. Treatment? Suggest

my father have high bp and a days he got cidp diseas .so, what we do for that what can we do?
pls suggest .
do allopathy,
do aurvedic
do homeopathy.
dr. said admit in hospital.and under his treatment they will give steroid.and said for test they put out some water for test from spinal cord.
now plz u suggest.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Your father is diabetic with hypertension and now recently diagnosed as CIDP

Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) is an acquired immune-mediated inflammatory disorder of the peripheral nervous system.

Treatment includes parenteral steroids /oral steroids.Sice he is diabetic steroids can further increase his sugar level for which insulin doses has to be adjusted which require hospitalization.

Second Lumbar puncture to be done and drain CSF before starting steroids to rule out infective causes and look for albumincytological dissociation

Go ahead with neurologist advise

Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hi tech city Hyderabad
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor