Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have high BP. History of kinked ureter to kidney. Had surgeries. What can help pain?

I am a 49 year old Female with a History of a Kinked Ureter to my right Kidney. Two Surgerys last year to correct one lap and one open. Was pain free for approximately 10 months. Two months ago my BP started going up I have always been around 120/70. In August I was getting bad HA BP was 150/90, three weeks ago my right kidney started hurting and hasnt stopped, went back to doctoe this past Monday BP 142/98, going back to Urologists tommorrow, took all I could do today not to go to ER.To much pain
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Sorry about your predicament. I guess by kinked ureter to your right kidney you mean retrocaval ureter which means ureter goes behind the large blood vessel and it is compressed by it. You need to consult your urologist as you are still getting pain 10 months after surgery. There is a possibility that your ureter is still obstructed. You will need certain radiological investigation which your urologist will advise you.
Your increase in BP is most likely not related to your surgery. It is incidental and you will need physicians opinion for that. Your previous surgery will not cause hypertension unless your right kidney has become non-functioning.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor