Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have hernia. Ultrasound shows inguinal hernia with herniation of omental folds. Elaborate

Hi It has been confirmed that I have an problem of Hernia dieases. Doctor said its at starting point. The ultrasound study shows changes of right inguinal hernia with herniation of omental folds . Doctor advised me to go for surgery to apply an mesh. Could you suggeste me is there any way to cure this dieases with out going with surgery ? Thanks Ganesh
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Ganesh and welcome to HCM
Surgery is the choice of treatment for Hernia. Their is no other way to get rid of it.
An hernia is sac formed by lining of abdominal cavity. The sac comes out from a hole in the fascia. For the treatment its needs removal of the sac and the weaker part or hole of he fascia covered by a mesh. So that reoccurance doesn't occur.
Your doctor advised you the right thing to go for surgery in a planned manner unless it is an emergency.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. G.Srinivasan's  Response
I understand ur worry.
I think the word SURGERY scares you. It shouldnt be.
If u understand the procedure u wont be worried.
The omentum has to be put back into the tummy (where it came from ) and the smal hole patched up wth a mesh.
Do u think there's a way other than surgery to do this?

All the best.

Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor