• question-icon

Have hepatitis. Advised liver transplant. What can I do?

sir i am syed karar hussain from pakistan sindh larkana, my elder brother suffering in liver disease means hepatitus, from 97 , we was inject a injections two times, and he was getting normal life, but from days my brother not good and i am admit in karachi DOW HOSPITAL. Now the doctors has advised for liver transplant. So. the last line of the doctor is PLAN FOR LIVER TRANSPLANT PLEASE EVALUATE... so please advise me what can i do.. not transplant facility in pakistan and we are belongs to very poor family my father is a tailor master... please help... and good advise....
Sat, 28 Sep 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Liver transplantation should not depend on social status or financial status. even rich people dont ever get their adequate liver since it depends mostly on genetics and HLA genes of donors liver. So you should apply for transplant list and if there is adequate liver,you should get it no matter how rich or poor you are. this is case in most countries and I doubt that there is difference in pakistan.so just have hope, follow doctors recommendations and everything will be fine.
Wish you good health.Regards