Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have headache and ear pain. Had been hit behind ear and on brow. Suggestions?

I was struck by a metal clothes rack while at the mall Saturday night. It hit me first on my right brow bone then on the bone behind my ear. I went home iced both areas and took advil . The area behind my ear is still very painful and I have a headache that involves the entire right side of my head front to back. My ear also aches. I have migranes so I have a high tolerance for pain. This headache is about a 5 on a scale of 10. Should I go see my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Dear patient

If headache is not associated with vomiting , ear or nasal discharge or bleeding, loss of consciousness at the onset or seizure then it not likely to be of concern. The pain should respond in day or two. You can take over the counter analgesic like paracetamol for 2-3 days. However if there is worsening of symptoms in any kind then my dear friend visit to doctor is advisable.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor