Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have headache. CT scan shows healed calcified granuloma in occipital and temporal regions. Advice?

I had 2 motor accidents, around 4 years ago. In one, I was knocked off a scooter, and passed out for a few minutes, maybe. I had only other minor injuries to feet etc. another time, the bus I was travelling in rammed the bus in front and I injured my nose, face and forehead . X-rays showed no fracture . I also have short-sight, so when head-aches began, I visited an ophthalmologist , who said there was no problem. When severe headaches continued, I visited the GP who recommended MRI, which I did, and consulted a neurologist. The MRI showed up nothing. The doc attributed it to various other reasons, migraine, temporal arteritis etc. The headaches have become less severe but still continue. A CT scan report now says healed calcified granuloma in occipital and temporal regions. (I don t have the report with me now, so I forget if it isleft or right) . What should I do now?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
as per the details u have submitted,
healed calcified granulomas can be seen with
1. small blood clots over period of time will get organized and they become calcified
2. parasitic infections mainly cysticercosis
3. or it may be a tuberculoma
before defferentiation about the cause , the size of the granuloma as weel as the any perlesional edema sorrounding will be important for differentiation....
so i advise you to consult a neurologist along with your CT report..

but most of the times calcified granulomas are asymptomatic and they are detected incidentally, some people may get focal seizures, some people may get mild headaches...

but i cant attribute the present head ache with the calcified granulomas..
neurologist advise will help u in this regard..
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor