Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have hardened stool, taken exlax, saline enema, magnesium citrate, helped but hardened stool still intact. Option?

Hello, what is the best option for passing what seems to be a large hardened stool? I had normal movements last week. But feeling blocked this week, used exlax, saline enema and a magnesium citrate drink. All of which seem to be helping with passing other foods recently consumed, but the original hardened stool seems to still be intact.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As per your saying , you had difficulty in passing stool for one week.
1) is it painful during passage of stool ?
2) have u suffered from same complaint before ?
3) frequency of passing stool before and after symptoms?

You can relieve constipation by
1) plenty of oral fluids min 2-3litres
2) fibre rich diet
3) medications
Medication - Syp.Lactulose 10ml two times a day.

Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor