Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have hallucinations, obsessive thoughts. Bipolar, borderline personality disorder, major depressive disorder. On zolpidem. Help?

30 yr. old female, diagnosed with bipolar/borderline personality disorder/major depressive disorder. Currently on viibryd 40mg. at supper time & 10mg zolpidem tartrate at bedtime. She has been experiencing a hallucination of a strong feminine odor usually starting at midday, progressively getting worse toward evening. Also having severe jaw pain. With all this she also gets thoughts of hurting herself but says she tries hard to get those thoughts out of her head. She has had numerous hospital stays because of suicide attempts. She has had lots of ECT's but doesn't want more of those because of how they affect her memory. She works part-time. Has an employer who has been extremely understanding of her very complicated illness. Currently living with my husband & I cuz she also is raising her 4 yr. old son on her own. Current psychiatrist is quite unavailable to discuss much with us, just wants to do ECT's and not be bothered. Frankly, if she & her son did not live with us, I don't know where she would be. We live on pins & needles, trying to be loving & understanding but we're not perfect & get easily discouraged ourselves. Continue to hold onto our faith in God's guidance. What is your comment about this situation???
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand that you have some problems and that these disorders are taking a toll on you life. Treatments have been helpful but have been glimmers of hope. However, I am glad you have faith. I also hope you have faith in your family and also your doctor who you consider your family. Please consider this and do whatever your psychiatrist suggests. If there are other conditions please consult a family physician who can refer you to a proper specialist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor