Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have had urine infections. Have had chest infection. Had hernia. Suggest

i have taken my 3 year boy to doctors as after having a very serve chest infection for two and being on two sets of anti-boctics for it as he started to get better towards end of second weeks course of anti-boctics he started to complain of he,s willy stinging at the same time i started to notice his right ball getting bigger, i went nhs walk in centre the doctor put a light against and said its clear or someting along those lines that it was fluid, but i have herd that infants can also get hernia ,s and doctors have it can be dangerous but because they recon is fluid it should be fine and they are more concerned about he contious urine infections, he has also constupation due to mentally holding it in from fear of poohing since potty training which has been put on hold for the moment , would like a second opinion! many thanks gemma
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
First about his Urinary Tract infection, You have mentioned its continuous. If the episodes were proven as infection by urine culture, he needs to be evaluated further for his recurrent episodes.

Since he is 3 yrs, he can be very well potty trained. It should be done soon.
Constipation if recurrent can be a risk factor for frequent urinary infections too.
Give him plenty of water, fruit juices, vegetables and fruits. Avoid non fibrous fast food.

About the swelling in his testis, it looks like hydrocele (fluid in the testicular sac). Doctors can differentiate hernia and hydrocele based on certain examination findings. You may have second opinion with a pediatric surgeon for this.

Hope you find my answer useful

Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response

Thanks for your query.

It is good to know that the chest infection is getting controlled. Fluid in the scrotum is known as hydrocele and can be taken care of once the urine infection is controlled. I wonder if culture and sensitivity test for urine has been done. It must have been done and appropriate antibiotics been given. If the infection does not get controlled then further investigations are warranted to find a cause of the infection.

At the same time steps need to be taken to control infection by diet modifications. Increase in green leafy vegetables, salad, fruits, prunes, etc. should take care of it.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor