Have had urinalysis. What are the findings?

good afternnon doc, what is the meaning if your urinalysis result is like this ..

albumin : Trace. Pus Cells : 15-30
Sugar : Negative RBC : 5-10
ph : Alkaline. E. Cells : +
SpGr : 1.015 Bacteria: +++
A.Phosphates : +
Mucus Threads : ++++
Mon, 2 Sep 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Thanks for writing in to us.

From your urinalysis, the following conclusion can be made.

1. Pus cells 15-30 are high and indicate infective process
2. RBC (redblood cells) 5-10 are also significant and show that there is microscopic hematuria due to the infection .
3. Epithelial cells indicate infections.
4. Bacteria and mucus thread show that it is a bacterial infection.

My suggestion:
1. Get culture and sensitivity of your urine sample done.
2. Drink lots of water and urine diluting medication (alkasol)
3. Discuss urine culture report with your doctor and take necessary antibiotics course.

Hope this helps

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Shailja Puri 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The urine analysis report is as follows:
There is presence of pus cells, RBCs, epithelial cells and bacteria in the urine.
Presence of all these components suggest infection of the urinary tract.
Further it is important to know the bacteria causing the infection.
A urine culture and drug sensitivity is required to know the most appropriate antibiotic effective against the bacteria.
The pus cells, epithelial cells, and RBCs accompany the bacteria which are present in the urinary tract.
Other biochemical agents - albumin and sugar are absent in the urine sample.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 's  Response
welcome to HCM,

The given urine analysis report says you have severe UTI (urinary tract infection).
I suggest you to consult your physician and get the treatment for it. Mean while you can drink plenty of water.

regards,
DR.SIVAYOGI
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Vandana Khare's  Response
Hi!
Your urinalysis report can be explained like this:
Pus cells 15-30/hpf that means infection in urinary tract
albumin: trace that is due to prence of pus cells in urine
sp gravity 1.015 and Ph:acidic that is alright
bacteri +++ is indicating presence of bacteria in urine
Amorphous phospates + that is mainly diet related not significant as these are very commonly found in normal urine
mucus threads are also commonly seen but increased in infection
To conclude your urine rep[ort is indicating prence of bacterial infection.I normally advice urine culture and senstivity,and suggest antibiotics based on the senstivity if the culture comes positive.
hope this helps!
Take care!