Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have had pain in rib area and unable to eat

have had pain in rib area unable to eat as it wont go away even when trying to eatfeels tight and uncomfortable Hi i am a 49 year old female who has recently over the past 3 days been experiencing a stabbing, burning tight pain all over my rib area and under the breast bone . i have felt unable to eat as the stabbing pain intensifies as i am eating feeling extremley uncomfortable and especially if i move forward. i do feel as if i have indegestion and have taken remedys to no avail.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You should get an ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out any pathology.It could be severe gastritis or peptic ulcer.Try cold milk or syrup sucralfate.Bland diet and plenty of water.No smoking,alcohol,caffeine.If there is any breathing difficulty or the pain radiates to to the left side,see a doctor immediately.
Answered: Sun, 23 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor