Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have had lung problem for long time. Colleague had H1N1. Related?

Hi, I have had a terrible lung problem since a co-worker got H1N1 a long while ago, I didn t get sick but he was in hospital. Since that time, I have been having lung problems, and I am often given Azithromycin 1000mg, it helps for a bit, but then my lungs have water (clear) in them again. I never used to have these problems, it was rare to miss a day of work. Now, everthing is terrible. There is a good thread on the forum, it is labeled H1N1 aftermath, when I read what those people had to say, I was, wow, that is me, that is exactly what I have been going thru.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
Dear patient, we call it MBBS third year syndrome, when we doctors enter the 3rd year of MBBS and start getting clinical teachings, and are told or after going through the books which says that if a patient complains of such such symptoms then they will be having so and so disease, we use to think that these symptoms are present in my self also and probably we are also having the same disease , then when we use to consult senior doctors they use to counsell us that there is nothing wrong with us , same way when you will read about symptoms of a disese in the net ,you can develope the same feeling. It is extreamly rare that a person who has got exposed to H1N1 and had not developed clinical disease ,will develope long term sequale due to sub clinical infection . Your chest symptoms might be related to the dust ,smoke , perfumes or other pollutants or irritants near your working place or residential place . You can consult a pulmonologist who will do the necessary tests like chest X-RAY , Sputum examination for gram stain and AFB stain , PFT or any other necessary test to find out if there is really some thing wrong with your lungs or not and will advise you accordingly
Dr Arshad
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor