Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have had irregular period. Experienced hot flashes and light spotting. Should I be concerned?

i am a 57 yr old woman. i haven t had a regular period for several years now. at times in the past few years i have experienced hot flashes associated with very light spotting at times. which i have reported at my yearly checkups. now in the past couple of months i have started experiencing hot flashes again . today i notice red staining. i also have a uti at this time. i have my next gyn appt. in May. should i be overly concerned before my next appt.? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
Spotting at the age of 57 is not considered good.
You need to be completely examined by a Gynecologist.
Also get a transvaginal ultrasound to know the endometrial thickness.
If it is more than 4 mm, you need to be further investigated.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Alekhya's  Response

Its all about your age as these are all premenopausal symptoms.Nothing to worry much about it you may wait til the appointment and your doctor will also say the same thing as i did as they may also advice some estrogen pills to avoid those symptoms.Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor