Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have had chalazion on eyes. Using drops. Will i need a surgery?

Hello doctor. I am a 14 year old girl. I have had a chalazion on my eye for about 5 months. Its not that big but very noticable and ugly. I have been to the doctor about 15 days ago & she gave me some pills to take every 8 hours for 3 days & also eyedrops to put in my eye, 2 drops 3 times a day. My schedule does not permit me to put a hot compress on it alot so I put it on before bed or when im just lying around. I dont want eye surgery , but my homecoming dance is very soon. Praying only got me half the way. Please helpppppp meeeee!
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
History noted. Usually these chalazions will get cleared off the infection with the antibiotic drops or ointment.But the swelling may take 2 months to 2 years to disappear completely. If it is becoming larger surgery will be the best solution. Since you have the special occasion soon and looking ugly, consult your ophthalmologist and undergo the surgery for the same.
Good day.
Answered: Mon, 27 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor