Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Have had anal sensitivity, had slight fissure, have rashes. Prescribed colace. Take probiotics?

I have had anal sensitivity for the past four months. My doctor saw a slight fissure and prescribed colace and Dr Smiths lotion. I think there is more going on that that, as the whole area is sore and sometimes there is a rash at the outer edges. I was wondering if it could be something I am eating or not eating. I have had no obvious change in my diet . Should I be thinking about probiotics?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You are using a good lotion,
However it is necessary to use a mild steroid cream to control the inflammation.

Also sitz bath or sitting in warm water with a pinch of salt will greatly help you.

Just do these simple things along with the lotion you are using.

Please meet a dermatologist for final diagnosis and treatment

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor