Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have had a knee replacement. Feeling something sharp going from shin bone to knee. Concerned

Good Morning, I would like to talk to an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in knee replacement . Are you one that can help answer my questions? I have had a knee replacement in 2004, I seem to have either a bone spur or something at the top of my shin bone going up to knee that somehting is sharp, rough and did protrude through the skin. I am very worried. I just moved to this area so I do not have my trusted orthopedic to go to.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
hi welcome
looks like what u mention is the tibial tubercle/normally present in every one . if not causing u pain pl do not worry if causing u pain get x rays done and do consult an ortho doctor for all further help
wishing you good health
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor