Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have growing sore lump on lip with burning sensation. Home remedy?

Sore little lump in center of bottom lip. Appeared this morning an is slowly increasing in size and developing a dark red/purple head in center of lump. Burning sensation across lump when I breath in.
Beginning to resemble a pimple.
Is there anyway to treat this without going pharmacy? Maybe using household items such as salt, ice or lip balm?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it seems that you are having mucocele . It may be developed after minor trauma. Do not worry. Many times it heals by itself. Still, if you feel embarrasing,you apply ice cube on the lesion, or you do salt water gargles. You can take short course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.You do not squeez or rupture it. If, no response,you consult dermatologist,Oral surgeon or E N T specialist...ok
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor