Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have growing lump between back of jaw bone and ear. Have headache. Suggestions?

Hello Dr. I need advice on what type of doctor I should consult with. I do not have a primary care physician. I have a hard, non-movable lump nestled between the back of my jaw bone (mandible joint ) and my left ear. Its not really painful unless you push on it but on a scale of 1 to 10 its only a 2. I noticed this lump a few years ago when it felt like a marble. It appears to have gotten larger, approximately golf-ball size. I have had an unrelenting headache for 2 months now. Should I consult a pathologist? An ENT? I recently had routine lab work done and results were normal. Who can examine this lump?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Lump between TM joint and left ear is most probably a parotid tumor, as this is the site where parotid gland is situated. There is nothing to worry it is a benign tumor of parotid gland, but it has to be excised. Consult an ENT surgeon or even general surgeon who may examine you to confirm the diagnosis of parotid tumor. He/she may advice you excision of tumor.
Hope this answers your question
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor