Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have gout, paining, swelling. Done with test , everything normal. Should i maintain ph value?

Dr i have gout (big toe ) a month back now also it exists Dr. checked serum creatinin uric acid levels even did scan KUB Everything is normal nowadays last 30 -40days i am having nominal diet no mutten ones or twice taken chicken that to less quantity it keeps paining and swelling should i maintain ph value, i am taking lime water (1 liter water just 1/3 portion of lime juice mix) some people say to take citralka please advise me
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Based on the information it seem like you are having gout and want to know what diet to take and weather you should take citralka.

The diet which has meat product are high in protein and will exacerbate the symptoms of gout. In the same manner all the pulses like dal, moong should be consumed in limited quantities.

Since the uric acid is produced from protein and gout (big toe) has stone of uric acid lodged in the joint causing pain and swelling.

Now citralka is an alkaline medicine and will help to reduce the formation of stone of uric acid. So taking citralka may help in theory still we do not have enough evidence to support that theory.

Thanks. Hope it helps.
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor