Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have got diabetes, cholesterol, triglyceride tests done. Can online doctor help?

I just got my General Test done. Sugar, Cholestoral, Trigleracide are perfectly within limits. But I got surprised to see my SGPT to be 52, SGOT to be 49 and Total Billirubin to be 1.5.
I am not a regular drinker but in average drink in moderation twice in a month. I am 52 years old, weight 68kg.
Is the SGPT and SGOT alarming that I need to consult the physicians.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
These levels are only very mildly raised and may even mean nothing.
However,The most important causes for high SGPT and SGOT are
Consumption of alcohol.  
Excessive use of pain killers,antibiotics and anti cholesterol medicines and some health fad drugs like minerals and multivitamins,herbal medicines.
Diabetes and high triglycerides. 
Use of excessive sweets and colas. 

In most likely hood there should not be any cause for worry and simple following lifestyle measures should make them normal in next few months.

Avoid using pain killers and health drugs. 
Avoid junk foods and colas. 
Take fresh fruits and more green vegetables. 
Reduce your weight and be in required range of your BMI. 
Do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day. 
Quit alcohol.
Consult your doctor if values don't become normal after 3 months of above mentioned life style modifications.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor