Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have giant spot floating in vision. What cure should be done?

I am a 21 year old female. It has been happening for awhile now, but when I wake up at night I almost have no vision out of my right eye. It s like I have a giant spot in my vision. It eventually will adjust to normal, but I just find it very strange that it s only one eye. My left eye seems to be normal. I have better than 20/20 vision and have otherwise had no problem with my eyes.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Thanks for your question. From what you are describing you may have a vitreous floater. These floaters are very common and if large enough they can obscure your vision. They tend to be more common in short-sighted people as their eyes are larger. By themselves they are nothing to worry about and your brain will adjust and start ignoring them with time.

However, if you are getting any new floaters, flashing lights or a curtain coming across your vision I would recommend an urgent dilated eye examination with your doctor. This is to rule out any retinal tears / detachments.

Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor