Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have fordyce spot on scrotum, developed pain, swelling area around spot. What to do?

Hi, I've had the same fordyce spot on my scrotum for around 6 months. Other spots come and go but this one remains large and doesn't go. A couple of days ago the area underneath and to the side swelled and became very painful to the touch, it's like a small marble in my scrotum? Any advice? My instinct is to just leave it be...
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed Fordyce spots on your scrotum since last six months.

These are due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin and normally fade away of their own without any treatment.

However some times they get infected .

The swelling and redness of these spots suggest infection.
Please consult your family physician and get prescription for broad spectrum antibiotics. It should get cured in a week.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor