Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have folliculitis frequently. And a pus filled gland underneath skin. Am I okay?

hi there i have folliculitis and it seems a very frequent occurrence with that i usually feel a firm puss filled gland underneath the skin when i get them sometimes the gland comes first as well. usually both can be popped, cleaned and done with very quickly until the other day i popped one that was on my thigh when i did i instantly thought it was odd because no puss came out so i squeezed on the gland underneath the skin and when it popped still no puss came out but i woke up the next morning and the whole surrounding area is very red and a little sore its now been a couple of days and the soreness has gone down but the red area is still spreading and starting to dimmen
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for posting your query on HCM
Since you are getting recurrent folliculitis, you need to take antibiotics. Visit your physician for that.
Along with that you need to maintain clean skin, wash the regularly in case you have an oily skin.

I hope my answer is of some help to you.
take care
Answered: Fri, 24 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor