Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have follicle like structure on penis. Had herpes. Is it because of that?

there is a small area about 1/4 inch long on the dermis of my scrotum. it is not an ingrown hair nor is it a follicle. it has a painful feeling like the cat had scratched it and has been present for about 3 days now. there are no abnormalities in the shape or size of the testical it self... just the outer dermis of the scrotum. I was quick to think jock itch, but this is not the case since it only hurts when touched , in the shower it looks like a row of inflamed hair follicles, out of the shower when dry it looks and feels like a cigarette burn... I know full well that my ex wife had herpes , I am 40 and never had an outbreak. could this be an outbreak on my scrotum? or could it be something else?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. You should visit with a dermatologist if it does not help to keep the area dry and clean because of your prepucial skin. It is easier to get a circumcision done and I hope you give it a serious thought. It would be suggested to use local antiviral cream as well. I am thinking that you might be able to get it over the counter i.e. acyclovir cream. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor