Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have fleshy looking sore above anus oozing smelly liquid after scoliosis surgery. What could it be?

I just had scoliosis surgery and just recently discovered a sore a little bit above my anus . It is about the size of nickle. It is kind of a fleshy looking sore with a marble sized black dot in the middle that oozes clear liquid that smells weird. I don t know how I got it. I don t know if it could be a bed sore because I was confined to a bed for a long period of time or it could have been something that the surgeons did during surgery. I am very concerned and it is really grossing me out. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
After reading your history it appears that you might have developed secondary infection over the anal area. The anal area is very prone for getting secondary infection. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area. You can apply an antibiotic cream such as gentamycin cream. Antibiotic tablet s are must such as ciprofloxacin and metronidazole under medical advise. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. Consult your surgeon for checking the aggravating factor.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor