Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have fidgeting, distraction, sleeplessness. No medication till now. What to do?

hi I am a 14 year old female and I am worried I might have adhd. I always seem to be figeting, my hands are always moving when everyone else is still (like in photos). I alwqys struggle to do my prep on time because I get distracted by other things or people easily, I often forget what my homework was so I don't do it. I cant sleep at night but always wake up early. I seem to always be talking when im around people buyt not when im alone and I don't like silence! please tell me if I should see someone about this or if its just hormones or whatever!!!
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Thank you for your question and I am glad that you ask this on a public forum. It may be that you actually do have ADHD, however it needs to be corroborated with a history from your parents and you need to take yourself along with them to a psychiatrist who can help diagnose you and if needed treat you for the condition. I hope you do this as soon as you can.

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Its very difficult to diagnose ADHD only on your account. Your parents description is also a must. Very commonly ADHD is over diagnosed and one has to be careful before making a diagnosis.
Even in case you are having, you will benefit a lot after starting on drugs. Do visit a psychiatrist.
Other possibility could be anxiety disorder which presents with quite a similar picture.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor