Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have fibromyalgia, bone deformity, diagnosed polymyositis, can't gain weight. Possible treatment?

Hi, I have alot of things wrong with me. I have fibromyalgia , madelungs bone deformity , severe back and neck problems, now in the last two years I have severe muscle atropy in arms and legs. I lost 4-5 inches in my thighs in one month, and it just keeps getting worse. My hands are curled up and my forearms have around 5 inches of excess skin hanging. I am 57 this has been going on with my muscles for 3 years had muscle biopsy , one dr said polymyositis , another said no. say I have had stokes. I loose my vision while driving or anytime, fall all the time, can t remember much. can t gain weight. If I go to a store my mind shuts down when I get home I have to sleep right now to recover. I can t swallow right, choke all the time, stomach aches if I eat so I drink water alot.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
good evening. are you on treatment for fibromyalgia... cause not taking the treatment properly for it can cause all these symptoms. can you mail me the muscle biopsy report and also the levels of CPI and key if u have to see if it really was polymyositis.. cause weight loss with polymyositis needs to be evaluated...
Answered: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor