Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have fibromyalgia and spasms under sternum. Om cymbalta and potassium. What else can help?

I have fibromyalgia and the pain is somewhat bare able but the spasms I have are so bad it s leaves me in pain for days I have spasms under my sternum at the curve of my right rib cage so bad at times that a knots forms in the tissues and you can feel it with the fingers. I can t even relax at times because the spasms just come on I dare not stretch for it brings on spasms also, and in the legs I try to sleep with a pillow between the knees but even the pressure brings on spasms I toss and turn at night sleep evades me. I take cymbalta 60 mg and potassium , along with robaxin and at times soma. I was given zanaflex too but it causes breathing difficultly as if I have swallowed pepper. I love my GP he s a good man but is there anything else I can do for the pain and the awful spasms. Please advice will be greatly APPRICATED. Linda
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Suppermom,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
I think the treatment you are taking is sufficient for fibromyalgia but because your symptoms still not resolved so you can take tablet pregablin 75mg on regular basis.
Exercises and relaxation techniques can also help some patient populations.
You must consult your regular doctor before you add pregablin.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor