Have fever, sore throat, painful body and fatigued; asthmatic, breast is painful. Smoking affects?

I am a 25 year old female I have smoked cigarettes since I was in high school on and off. I have also had asthma since I was a small child. I recently just got over a bad head cold, fever, cough , sore throat , aches and pains, fatigue etc. The only symptom that I just could not shake was a horrible hacking cough, however that did go away eventually. But not long after that I started experiencing chest pains on my left side right under my breast. It mildly hurts all the time in that concentrated place but when I take deep breaths, cough, sneeze , lay down, bend or strain my upper body it s almost unbearable. It also worsens after I smoke a cigarette. Any thoughts for me? Could this be from my smoking? I did cut back on my smoking but have not been to the doctor yet because I just can t afford it right now. Please help
Mon, 28 Jan 2013