Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have fever, burning sensation during urination. On fluids. Do I have STD?

24 hours after sex with a new partner I have a fever and a strong burning sensation when I urinate.
I am getting the burning under control with drinking lots of water, and I have slept a lot whilst feverish, but am still feeling bad and am obviously concerned that I may have caught on STD.
We used condoms but did have some contact with rubbing before penetrative sex.
Hope you can help
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Your symptoms are suggestive of UTI that is Urinary tract Infection, please visit a doctor and get Urine Routine analysis and culture and sensitivity test.
You are feeling fever also so you can take plenty of fluid and burning should reduce and if pan and fever is there you can take a Paracetamol to help Once test are done you can be prescribed Urinary specific antibiotic course, if there is need it can be modified after sensitivity test.
In the mean time take lot of water and cranberry juice.
You had a protected sex so chances of STD are less but it can not be said with certainty so if you have any symptoms or discharge do test for herpes and other STds, hope it is nothing.
Please practice safe sex in future.'
Take care
Good luck.

Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor