Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have fever and pain while urinating. Blood test shows 0.8% monocytes. Treatment?

Suffering from fever since one month.. Avg Temp- 99.5 degree
Blood Test Report:
Haemoglobin: 10.3
T.L.C: 8 /thousand
Neutraphils: 53.8%
Lymphocytes: 44.4%
Platelet Count: 1.00 Lakh/mm

Urine Report:
Physical Exam:
Qnty- 20ml
Color: P.yellow
Reaction: Acidic
Albumin: Trace
Pus Cell: Occ./HPF
RBC: 28-30 /HPF

Now feeling pain & inflammation during urinate.. Pls suggest..
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

You have had a complete hemogram and routine urine examination.
The hemogram suggests that your hemoglobin is on lower side. Ideally, it should be above 12 gm%.
The WBC parameters i.e. TLC and DLC are within normal limits.
The platelet count is also within normal limits.

The urine examination reveals that all parameters are except for the presence of 28-30 RBCs/HPF.
This suggests some kind of bleeding in the urinary tract.

Since, the RBCs in urine are associated with pain during micturition, renal calculi/ renal stones are most probable possibility.

Consult a surgeon or a urologist for ultrasonography (USG) of the abdomen.
Stones if present will be detected on USG. Depending on the site and size of the stone, further treatment can be planned.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Sangita's  Response

Your CBC report shows low platelet and low hemoglobin.As you are having fever with RBC in urine go for urine culture & sensitivity KFTand USG KUB to rule out any calculi or any lesion in Kidney ureter and bladder .Get your platelet count checked again .
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your blood test report indicates no abnormality in WBC. But, platelet is mildly reduced.

SO, you should do a platelet count separately.

Your urine examination report is very bad. It shows high number of RBCs.

So, consult with your treating doctor for ordering investigations to search for any lesion in urinary tract.

Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor