Have fever and flu like symptoms. Widal test positive. No dengue. Is this serious?

Hello Dr. I am a 35 year old female, suffering fever and flu like symptoms. I have had blood test to confirm that I do not have Dengue . Blood test also showed Widal S Typhi H pos 1/80, S typhi O pos 1/160, S paratyphi AO pos 1/80 and S paratyphi CO pos 1/160. Local Doc is suggesting Synbio to crown out bad bacteria with good bacteria .. but I am concerned that this might be more serious than that. Can you please advise if this is serious or if it can be managed with probiotics and prebiotics etc.
Wed, 28 Nov 2012